Andy has over 33 years of experience within the diamond industry performing many varied roles and responsibilities. During his 24 years within the De Beers organisation, Andy, after initial training in rough diamond sorting and valuation went on to cover all aspects of the diamond pipeline.
After spending several years in Belgium, Angola and the Democratic Republic of Congo as an integral part of the Overseas Buying operation, Andy then moved on to the team responsible for De Beers contractual purchases around the Globe. During this period Andy travelled extensively to Botswana, Namibia, Russia, Canada and the Congo.
In 2007, Andy left De Beers to become a Government Diamond Valuer (GDV) for Botswana responsible for Debswana’s diamond sales to De Beers. In recent years this also involved the training and mentoring of local Botswanan GDV’s.
- Botswana GDV responsible for the negotiation of the Debswana Production.
- Team Leader and Team Member of De Beers worldwide purchasing teams.
- Team Leader MIBA contractual purchases in the Congo.
- Rough diamond buyer in Zaire, Angola, Belgium and the Republic of the Congo.
- Diamond sorter and valuer of global productions in London and Kimberley South Africa.