Craig spent 34 years at De Beers, including several overseas postings and 3 years relocated to Gaborone, Botswana. Craig is a manufacturing industry specialist with experience in advising appropriate Government departments, NGO’s and diamond industry leaders. He has unparalleled experience and excellent reputation in all aspects of the complex processes of worldwide and southern African diamond manufacturing.
Over his career, Craig has built up unique knowledge and understanding of the entire rough to polished manufacturing pipeline, from rough analysis through to final polished and associated costs.
- Successful implementation of the diamond industry into Botswana
- Development support of Government Ministry Diamond Office (GDO) teams in Botswana and Namibia through specialist diamond training courses and the creation and implementation of a secure GRB country wide cutting industry diamond tracking and inventory system.
- Experienced in all sizes of rough valuation through to every aspect of final polished valuation with a wide experience of bespoke diamond industry and valuation training
- GIA polished trained with experience in global polished distribution, pricing, grading and certification
- Intimate experience and understanding of global cutting factory costings and flow processes
- Exposure to the latest diamond cutting industry developments and next direction solutions
- Understanding of the polished outcome parameters from pre-sorted purchased rough boxes and tenders
- Large and Special Stone valuation expertise along with current technical aspects of Rough to Polished