Nick has over 25 year’s diamond experience which has included a variety of roles throughout the diamond pipeline. Initially trained as a diamond sorter at De Beers in London, Nick soon moved overseas to become a rough diamond buyer where he spent 6 years working in Belgium, Congo and Guinea.
In 2000 Nick moved into the De Beers Sales department where he worked with leading Sightholders from India and Israel.
Nick left De Beers in 2004 to work as Communications Director at K Girdharlal/ Aspeco NV where he managed new marketing initiatives and the management of rough diamond sourcing.
In 2010, Nick joined forces with Tim Devitt to set up a boutique consultancy, Alius Consulting, focussed solely on providing professional services to diamond manufacturers. Services included, business plans/profiling, marketing projects, polished sales business development and supplying industry insights to financial institutions and investors.
- Director and founder of Alius Consulting
- Director of Communications and key representative for rough diamond purchases at K. Girdharlal, a leading Indian manufacturer and DTC Sightholder
- Integral member of the first DTC Key Account Management team that implemented the Supplier of Choice contract and profile submissions
- DTC Rough diamond buyer in Antwerp, Brazzaville, Kinshasa, Conakry and Kankan
- Diamond sorter and valuer of global productions in London