Tim Devitt has worked in the diamond industry for over 25 years across many aspects of the supply chain. His background was at De Beers in rough diamond sorting and valuations in London and buying in Antwerp, Kinshasa and Conakry. He also worked in Mumbai supplying rough to the local market before moving to the De Beers marketing department.
In 2007, Tim left De Beers to work with Rothschild Diamonds, a leading De Beers broker, where he worked alongside leading De Beers Sightholders helping grow their rough supply.
In 2010, Tim joined forces with Nick Gould to set up a boutique consultancy, Alius Consulting, focussed solely on providing professional services to diamond manufacturers. Services included, business plans/profiling, marketing projects, polished sales business development and supplying industry insights to financial institutions and investors.
- Director at and founder of Alius Consulting
- Broker at Rothschild Diamonds Ltd, representing clients from India, Israel, Belgium and Hong Kong
- Planned and implemented the launch of the DTC Forevermark in Hong Kong
- Full Time MBA at Warwick Business School
- Sales Executive at Hindustan Diamond Company (Diamdel), Mumbai
- DTC Rough diamond buyer in Zaire, Guinea and Congo
- Diamond sorter and valuer of global productions in London